Replacing stolen droid

KukiKid

Reaction score
My droid was stolen about a month ago and my mom locked the phone before I could use mobile defense to locate it. I would like to know the cheapest option to replace the phone. I didn't have insurance on it so verizon said they would sell me a refurb for 300 bucks which seems riduculous.

cromo8

Reaction score
not really ridiculous due to the fact that its twice that for a new one, i reccomend craigslist in my area which is San diego they go for around 200-350 used

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Might find one on ebay for 200, but for the 300, you will get a warranty, plus the option to insure it, worth it in my opinion.

cromo8

Reaction score
ahh yes EBAY, the thing is with ebay you cant trust that the phone is stolen or lost, in that case you are kinda out of luck you paid for a phone and you cant even activate it, on craigslist you meet with a person and you can even meet at a store to see if its stolen and if it can be activated

so you have that security

tomlist704

Reaction score
Call customer Loyalty at Verizon. They are a completely different group. Tell them it is cheaper to leave them and pay a penalty and get a new Iphone with ATT then to spend 300 for a replacement. Ask them to give you a deal on Moto Droid since the new one is coming out and it will be discontinued. Ask why do they treat new customers better than ones who have been loyal. Offer $99 to get a new one and $50 for a refurbed and see what they say. Tell them you will pay for insurance if they give you a break. Make it all your fault, don't blame them etc. Let me know what happens. By the way, had a similar situation, I got a from Droid and a deal on HTC Incrediable, plus when I got new phone for kids, I got a deal all by calling this part of Verizon, good luck.

Reaction score
Call customer Loyalty at Verizon. They are a completely different group. Tell them it is cheaper to leave them and pay a penalty and get a new Iphone with ATT then to spend 300 for a replacement. Ask them to give you a deal on Moto Droid since the new one is coming out and it will be discontinued. Ask why do they treat new customers better than ones who have been loyal. Offer $99 to get a new one and $50 for a refurbed and see what they say. Tell them you will pay for insurance if they give you a break. Make it all your fault, don't blame them etc. Let me know what happens. By the way, had a similar situation, I got a from Droid and a deal on HTC Incrediable, plus when I got new phone for kids, I got a deal all by calling this part of Verizon, good luck.

Customer Loyalty? Just did a google search of Verizon Customer Loyalty and didn't get much. Can you point me in the right direction?

tomlist704

Reaction score
Sorry, I could have sworn I wrote the number in there, hope this helps.888-483-5097

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
ahh yes EBAY, the thing is with ebay you cant trust that the phone is stolen or lost, in that case you are kinda out of luck you paid for a phone and you cant even activate it, on craigslist you meet with a person and you can even meet at a store to see if its stolen and if it can be activated

so you have that security

I have purchased quite a few phones on ebay, with not one problem, and have sold just as many. If you are smart about your buying on there and make sure that the seller is trusted, and has tons of feedback of similar items with no complaints, it isnt really as scary as many make it out to be. Besides, pay with paypal and you arent going to be screwed out of your money.

OP
KukiKid

KukiKid

Reaction score
Goingto try the customer loyalty thing. If that doesn't work I'll do ebay with pay pal to make sure I get a clean esn. Thanks for all the input it is much appreciated and any more is also :)

vatothe0

Reaction score

So you think getting $1000 worth of equipment for $250 when you haven't finished the original agreement is good business sense?