Replacing screen bezel

dparm

Reaction score
Long story made short, the bezel around my screen is kinda beat up and it bothers me. How difficult of a job is it to replace this? Is it a DIY, or would I be better going to a VZW store? Thanks in advance.

ricks

Reaction score
There is a guy somewhere here that took all the paint off his and it looks real nice.

OP
dparm

dparm

Reaction score
Interesting but mine has actual metal missing...deep scratches.

Joker

Reaction score
You might have to hide your battle scars with a case, or just be a proud droid user and display your battle wounds with pride. :)

blue

Reaction score
I masked off the screen and all the rest of the sides of the phone and sanded the bezel down. but left a little bit of the black in spots. ill take some pics our it tomorrow. it looks like brushed aluminum

K

killabyte

I paid 30 bucks for my bezel on eBay. I got to thinking later how I could've filed an insurance claim for 50 bucks and just got a new phone. The bezel is still in the envelope that it came in. I decided to just live with the scratches.

There's a video on youtube that will show you how to take your phone apart. I linked to it somewhere around here.

blue

Reaction score
100_2553.jpg

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Replacing the bezel requires a near complete teardown of the the phone. Some of the parts that must be removed are glued in place and removing them will most likely damage them (the plastic panel next to the camera and the metal mesh over the rear speaker).

I'd recommend either living with it, put a case on it, or do the polish mod. Personally, I live with my droid's battle scars. I don't mind it not being all glossy and pretty, gives it some character. :)