Replacing nonremovable batteries..

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Wow...I'm noticing that the manufacturers and providers are really not explaining their reasoning and especially keeping people in the dark about how this is all supposed to work and what its going to cost us if we opt fire this major change.

X2 superclocked beast

Well, I think the main reason on the Razr was probably for the water resistance. They couldn't really ensure a resistance if it wasn't actually sealed.
Next is probably thinness and the Kevlar. The soft batteries they enclose inside (at least with apple, don't remember with the Razr) are really thin and flexible. They don't really have to enclose them in plastic or metal because they won't really be out of the phone.
They also provably didn't just want to have a Kevlar battery door, that would be kinda lame! :p

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

Ssilk

Reaction score
Well, I think the main reason on the Razr was probably for the water resistance. They couldn't really ensure a resistance if it wasn't actually sealed.
Next is probably thinness and the Kevlar. The soft batteries they enclose inside (at least with apple, don't remember with the Razr) are really thin and flexible. They don't really have to enclose them in plastic or metal because they won't really be out of the phone.
They also provably didn't just want to have a Kevlar battery door, that would be kinda lame! :p

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

Hahaha...good point! It would be kinda lame. But still not good enough reasons for me personally to switch.

X2 superclocked beast