Replacing Droid X metal around the screen?

dhfootball92

Reaction score
I just bought a droid x on craigslist, it is in very good shape except for a couple scratches up on the top left. Is there a way to replace this metal part outlining the screen? I googled it but couldn't find much, any answers or links on where to buy said piece and bow to replace it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nivek

Reaction score
Im not sure but ill be checking back. I dropped mine and put a few dings in the metal.

Sent from my DROIDX

jgraham4598

Reaction score
You can actually get your fingernail under it and pop it off. There is a video on youtube showing it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

debrad0307

Reaction score
Just curious.... what kind of DROIDX do you have? I have a DROIDX and there is no metal around s my screen unless I am mistaking the "metal" for plastic. The phone you describe sounds more like a DROID2... please, correct me if I am wrong.

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

Slow88lx

Reaction score
Just curious.... what kind of DROIDX do you have? I have a DROIDX and there is no metal around s my screen unless I am mistaking the "metal" for plastic. The phone you describe sounds more like a DROID2... please, correct me if I am wrong.

Tappin' away on my DROIDX
The phone has a metal unibody design. I too have a ding on the right side/ edge of phone. There is almost no plastic on the phone....

There is no way to repair as that edge around the screen is part of the unibody.

The DroidX is metal with a soft-touch rubber coating. Not plastic.

truckrod

Reaction score
The very edge around the screen and around the buttons is aluminum frame . The very top around the ear piece the very bottom around the mic are plastic . the battery cover is aluminum with a rubber coating. and the rest of the back body is plastic with a rubber coating. you can replace the aluminum frame around the screen taking it apart. you can remove the ear piece cover an the mic cover simply by getting under the edge on the back side n roll it towards the screen. it takes just a little bit of effort to do this. and yes there is a video on youtube