Replacing Digitizer

Huskers95

Reaction score
I have successfully replaced my digitizer on my Droid X2, but I have an issue, reassembling. I have little rubber "boot", that fell of out of the phone while opening it up. Where did it come from? I don't know, can anybody help me.

Thanks

David

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have successfully replaced my digitizer on my Droid X2, but I have an issue, reassembling. I have little rubber "boot", that fell of out of the phone while opening it up. Where did it come from? I don't know, can anybody help me.

Thanks

David

If it's oval or round and has a hole in the center like a donut, it's probably a seal for around one of the microphones or around the speaker.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
H

Huskers95

Reaction score
It has a shape like a rectangular top hat, with a hole in the raised rectangular shape. The "brim" of the top hat shape is only on the short sides of the rectangle, and they have notches in them, makes them look like they would slide hook around some posts of some sort. Becasue of these distinguishing features, I was suprised I couldn't find the install locations.

Hopefully this is clear, I can take a picutre of it tonight. My phone is working without it, so I could leave it out, but I know that it serves some function, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David