1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Replacing current droid with a new one...what will I lose?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jrl9851, Dec 17, 2009.

1. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

Will I be able to redownload paid apps for free (the ones I already bought)?

How do I completely erase everything off of my current phone so they can't see any of my stuff?
  2. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

you can download a few apps that backup your phone like contacts sms mms etc...there is a function on the phone to do a reset and it will wipe and reset the phone to factory. oh yeah you can reinstall the paid apps without paying again only if you use the same google checkout email address you used to pay for the apps.
  3. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

Just exchange the memory card with the new one.
  4. eversonsc

eversonsc New Member

Yes just swap the memory card when you swap the phone. Also google automatically backs up your phone if you have that checked in your phone so when you get the new phone and add your gmail account it will pull down all of your downloaded programs, contacts etc. They will all show up in your main menu so you will have to drag and drop them on your home screen like you had them before but they will be there. I swapped my phone and did all this and it worked flawlessly
  5. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

If you paid for Beautiful Widgets be sure to back that one up first since it is currently off the market until the developer changes it enough to appease HTC. No word if the new version will be an upgrade to the old one or if we would need to pay for the new one as well.
Search tags for this page

replacing current phone tree with a new one