Replacing application icons within Simply Stunning?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by 95cobby, Nov 18, 2010.

1. 95cobby

95cobby New Member

I'm working on replacing most of my application icons with some different ones. My question is.. is there anything built into Simply Stunning somewhat like the MIUI framework that caches the app icons?

"The MIUI framework caches every app's icon in "data/system/customized_icons", therefore, to simply change an app's default icon, all you have to do is replace the cached image with a customized one."

This would be a lot easier than going through each application .apk file and replacing the .png's.. if not no biggie but may be an idea for future SS versions?
  2. 9wire

9wire New Member

Bettercut still works for me, you just have to use the "New Shortcut" option, the "edit shortcut" doesn't work. SS4.9, evo theme.
  3. Riley

Riley New Member

If you use Launcher pro as a home, there's a icon and dock app you can get through the market to custom it, or use your own icons if you save any in your gallery.
  4. 95cobby

95cobby New Member

I'm not looking to create shortcuts as I have already tried that path and I don't like it. With the MIUI framework it also replaces the icon in the app drawer, same as if you install the app with new png's which I am currently doing.. it just takes longer is all.