Replacement?

TH3BR3ViG

Reaction score
I remember that back when the enV3 came out, my friend had an enV2 that broke, and when she got it replaced, they gave her the enV3 for some reason. Same thing with the Droid2. My friend's droid 2 broke and it was replaced with the droid2 global. I was wondering if there was anyway that I would be able to have my Droid X replaced with a Droid X2, or if there was any way to do that.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I remember that back when the enV3 came out, my friend had an enV2 that broke, and when she got it replaced, they gave her the enV3 for some reason. Same thing with the Droid2. My friend's droid 2 broke and it was replaced with the droid2 global. I was wondering if there was anyway that I would be able to have my Droid X replaced with a Droid X2, or if there was any way to do that.

I am no expert on this, but I would think one of three things has to happen before they offer you a different phone, especially a better phone.

1. They don't have any replacements for the phone, which in the case of the Droid X I don't think this will be an issue. This happened for some people with the OG Droid, and still is happening in some cases.
2. You have had multiple replacements, and to keep you happy they may offer you a different phone. Say you keep running into problems with a certain device for warranty issues, eventually you can probably get a different device. Will it be a DX2? I don't know.
3. I have seen people near the end of their contracts have an employee give them access to their upgrade early.

Really your best bet is to call or go to a store and see what an employee can do for you. If your phone is having issues you will need to do this anyhow. I personally wouldn't have high hopes though.

Beka27

Reaction score
Last I heard, there were a ton of DX replacements floating around. If not, they are usually going to try to give you a phone within the same "generation", so it could be a D2G or Fascinate. They are not likely to give you a new model, unless you experience repeated problems with your CLNRs and really make a big stink about it.

OP
T

TH3BR3ViG

Reaction score
I have been experiencing a large number of problems with the DX. I've had 3 or 4 replacements so far. I've mainly had problems with the charging port in the phone getting messed up, and the phone bricking/constantly freezing. I know a lot about the phone, enough to try everything that verizon could possibly suggest, including flashing to a prior update.