Replacement X working Great....

gmtekk

Reaction score
Well today i recieved my droidx replacement...fed ex straight from texas. They replaced it because they couldnt figure out why i didnt have any volume only in text video mode. Anyway to make a long story short not only is that problem solved but it seems a few other thing like gps drop and wifi drop is also working perfectly!!!........looks like i had a bum unit!..she is working sweet now...to bad it didnt come with the new update!..but the rep told me definitly this month!..

Last edited by a moderator:

NADA918

Reaction score
did you get the full box and everything? or just a brown box not battery, door

OP
G

gmtekk

Reaction score
it came in a small brown box, without the cover and battery and also without the sd card. The phone is brand new....i specified that with the tech line because my phone was only 2 weeks old!...and was able to tell when i opened the box and pulled it out that it indeed was brand spanking new!!!...i pulled it out of the box and slapped on a zagg on the screen and like i said earlier,,,it is working like a completely different phone!..all we all need now is the update!

NADA918

Reaction score
It may indeed be truly new, but I need a replacement, and I want the box to match the ESN on the phone!!

ZBack

Reaction score
Its very interesting they have brand new units being sent like this. A lot of phones have been replaced because of the well known screen problems people are having so you never know they may have a good source of refurbished phones already being sent out and proposed as new.

OP
G

gmtekk

Reaction score
dont know about that bro...i guess you can inquire that request with the techline...i was told that the store would not even give me the box with the matching number tags!...and even if the store did i would have to wait a while for the phone...thats why i dealt with the techline and they had them in the warehouse in texas!..i do understand about the matching numbers...thats the way i have it with my ss chevelle and my grand national!

OP
G

gmtekk

Reaction score
tell you the truth this phone looks newer than the one i bought in the store on release date!...even the buttons are more crisp!

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
A few other people mentioned before their new devices came without a box, Verizon must have different stock. Because those are shipping faster than the ones in the full retail box. Not sure if Droids have this but on the Blackberries under the system information they had a refurbished date if they were refurbs.

ZBack

Reaction score
A few other people mentioned before their new devices came without a box, Verizon must have different stock. Because those are shipping faster than the ones in the full retail box. Not sure if Droids have this but on the Blackberries under the system information they had a refurbished date if they were refurbs.

Yea I guess it is a lot faster for Motorola and Verizon to send out brand new replacements if they don't have to worry about the packaging and accessories.

bad4u

Reaction score
There was a way to be able to tell on the Inc, but just checked on my x and the option isnt there.

On the inc, when dialing ##778 and going into view mode (think it was called ESPT ur sumthin), you could check the refurbish date. On the X we can dial ##program but no where in there does it have anything about refurb.

Would be handy