Replacement weather widget

DoctorV

Reaction score
I loved the stock weather widget that came with ICS but now it's gone with Jellybean. Does anyone know how to get it back or recommend one closest to it? I tried the Accuweather and the Weather Channel widgets and they were kind of lackluster. I'm also trying to find one that is 1x4 and that doesn't have a clock on it taking up all the space.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Fancy Widgets is another one for you to try out and see if it is to your liking...

OP
DoctorV

DoctorV

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I downloaded and tried them all out. Here are the results:

Beautiful Widgets - Looks like it would be perfect except I'm a cheapskate and only want free things :(

Weather Underground - There was no 1x4 and had 2x2. The 3 day extended forecast on the widget itself was a great idea but unfortunately was way too small for my old man eyes to see. :( The weather map was a neat feature that showed surrounding temperatures of my area and can be zoomed out to see temperatures all over the world; too bad a banner ad covers some of it :(

Weatherbug - There was only a 1x2 widget. Other than that it was pretty solid. Nice looking extended details screen with 5 day forecast but has banner ads.

Zooper Widgets - Looks like it has an incredible amount of customization as far as the fonts and layout go but it's a little too plain looking and not enough weather detail.

Fancy Widgets - The winner! Looks great and 1x4 and free. I wish I could have multiple locations and increase the size of the temperature font but those are minor complaints. Very nice clean looking extended details screen with 5 day forecast and no banner ads.

If anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know. Thanks again!

Last edited:

cris

Reaction score
I use rings digital app. Has the battery, weather and time.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I also use rings digital and love it. I changed over after using analog glass clock for several years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
My wife has the digital rings on her RAZR M. I've been trying to find them for awhile. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I downloaded and tried them all out. Here are the results:

Beautiful Widgets - Looks like it would be perfect except I'm a cheapskate and only want free things :(

Weather Underground - There was no 1x4 and had 2x2. The 3 day extended forecast on the widget itself was a great idea but unfortunately was way too small for my old man eyes to see. :( The weather map was a neat feature that showed surrounding temperatures of my area and can be zoomed out to see temperatures all over the world; too bad a banner ad covers some of it :(

Weatherbug - There was only a 1x2 widget. Other than that it was pretty solid. Nice looking extended details screen with 5 day forecast but has banner ads.

Zooper Widgets - Looks like it has an incredible amount of customization as far as the fonts and layout go but it's a little too plain looking and not enough weather detail.

Fancy Widgets - The winner! Looks great and 1x4 and free. I wish I could have multiple locations and increase the size of the temperature font but those are minor complaints. Very nice clean looking extended details screen with 5 day forecast and no banner ads.

If anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know. Thanks again!
When we gain root root on JB, I will be using Circle Widgets...I have it on my RAZR and I love it!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I picked up Beautiful Widgets for free a while back! I don't remember where I found it, or if they were just offering it free on the market. DancingNexus Keep a lookout, maybe they'll do it again, or offer it free somewhere else! :biggrin: