Replacement screen.

stephen2424

Reaction score
Well, I recently cracked the screen in my razr was wondering if I took it into a store if they give you an after market crap screen, or if it is still the nice gorilla glass. Also, I do have a broken pixel on this phone that was there wen I got it, but since it is in the bottom corner and you can really notice it I didn't bother. But now wondering if i can play that angle with technical support and have them send me a new one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I recently cracked the screen in my razr was wondering if I took it into a store if they give you an after market crap screen, or if it is still the nice gorilla glass. Also, I do have a broken pixel on this phone that was there wen I got it, but since it is in the bottom corner and you can really notice it I didn't bother. But now wondering if i can play that angle with technical support and have them send me a new one.

First off they won't replace the phone for just 1 broken pixel as you put it. Second off even if they were going to replace it they won't do so for free now with the busted screen. As far as replacement screens are concerned, I couldn't say for sure whether the company that you're going to go to will use gorilla glass or not.

Still, odds are it will be gorilla glass.

Zandar

Reaction score

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If you have insurance, might just be easier to "oops" it and get a new phone. Thats a flat $100 fee, and probably a lot cheaper than any other method.

OP
S

stephen2424

Reaction score
I've had insurance on everyone phone but this one cause I never once needed it. Just got unlucky.

Zandar

Reaction score
I've had insurance on everyone phone but this one cause I never once needed it. Just got unlucky.

You still probably have net money in the end once the repair is done on your RAZR. I never get insurance because I figure it'll be cheaper for me in the long run even if I do end up breaking or losing a phone, though I know it's a risk (then again, so is insurance). It's all a game of calculated, financial risk. You're most likely ahead over the last few years, so risk rewarded.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
You can use insurance multiple times though...I think up to twice a year. If you use it even once it usually pays for itself.

OP
S

stephen2424

Reaction score
Like I said, I never needed cause I was careful with my phones, I had my razr on my lap not knowing how slippery to apparently is. And it just skid right off :(

JeffDenver

Reaction score
How long ago did you buy it? There are some 3rd party insurance companies that will insure it if you you bought it within 90 days.

OP
S

stephen2424

Reaction score
I tried them already. Apparently the warranty that comes with the phone doesn't cover any physical damage, and it actually voids the warranty.