Replacement Phones (Not sure where to put this)? Replacement for Galaxy S1?

smokecombs

Reaction score
My wife's Galaxy S1, original Galaxy S or whatever you want to call it is not holding charge, sometimes won't charge and in general is starting to wear down badly, in addition to other freakish things. Anyway, my only question is does anyone know what they would replace the Galaxy S1 with at this point? I don't know if they would just replace with another Galaxy S original or if they'd give her the Galaxy SII, or what? We are on Verizon and it's been awhile since I had to get a replacement phone before an upgrade (I think back to my old Sony Walkman phone days when my son tore it apart). Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if I put this post in the wrong place. Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think that is going to have to be a question to ask Verizon, I think any answer on here would be best guess. The SII didn't ever come to Verizon, and I would highly doubt they would give you the new SIII. Maybe get lucky and get a Gnex?

I would be interested in hearing back from you though when you do talk to them.

OP
S

smokecombs

Reaction score
I think that is going to have to be a question to ask Verizon, I think any answer on here would be best guess. The SII didn't ever come to Verizon, and I would highly doubt they would give you the new SIII. Maybe get lucky and get a Gnex?

I would be interested in hearing back from you though when you do talk to them.
Hey, I will comment back when the wife or I call and see what they will replace it with. I think this would be good info for anyone that may be having minor to major problems but is a few months away from an upgrade to know what they might be getting. I guess a Razr Maxx or something is too much to hope for, or the SIII.

I just want something that has a strong enough battery to get me and the wife through a hard day of usage. My regular Razr is only making it about 8 hours right now, with optimal power saving settings, and that's on medium to low usage, which is really bugging me cause I teach, pick up kids, and immediately go to coach football, puts me off a charger for up to 12 to 14 hours (although I could take my charger to school), but that's just unacceptable to me with modern tech. Kicking my own arse for not getting the Maxx. I may try one of those external batteries at some point.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ya I would either get the S3 or wait a little while to see what's coming out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
smokecombs said:
Hey, I will comment back when the wife or I call and see what they will replace it with. I think this would be good info for anyone that may be having minor to major problems but is a few months away from an upgrade to know what they might be getting. I guess a Razr Maxx or something is too much to hope for, or the SIII.

I just want something that has a strong enough battery to get me and the wife through a hard day of usage. My regular Razr is only making it about 8 hours right now, with optimal power saving settings, and that's on medium to low usage, which is really bugging me cause I teach, pick up kids, and immediately go to coach football, puts me off a charger for up to 12 to 14 hours (although I could take my charger to school), but that's just unacceptable to me with modern tech. Kicking my own arse for not getting the Maxx. I may try one of those external batteries at some point.

Yeah the Maxx would be perfect for you, maybe you could score a good deal on Craigslist.