Replacement or Not?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well guys I was wondering what y'all think I should I do... I got a D2 that is able to be ovetclocked to 1.35ghz ULV and the camera is bad. The camera is very grainy up close and far away and with all diff settings. Think I should get a replacement through insurance or keep my D2 that has a pretty stable cpu and just put up with the camera? Any opinions are appreciated

Edit

This is on the stock rom and liberty rom

Sent from my liberated D2

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That would depend on if you actually use the camera..... from what i understand most of them have a fairly stable cpu but its a toss up on if the replacement one is as stable.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the camera moderately from time to time. That's the only thing I fear is gettin a bad phys keyboard or an unstable CPU. I like the performance of 1.35ghz

Sent from my stock rooted D2

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I guess ive been relatively lucky, havent had any problems out of my d2g and can oc to 1.4 ghz ULV......

Personally id risk it then, if something is wrong then get a new one lol.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea your def lucky with especially with being able to OC it to 1.4ghz. Hope the luck continues man. I went vzw and they tried scanning barcodes and it wouldnt work so they are overnighting me another one. Hopefully this one will turn out ok.

cpjr

Reaction score
I would swap it, 1.0ghz to 1.35 isnt the end of the world. The new one will be overclockable, even if its not as much...its not that much of a difference at all IMHO.

Heck, my DX running at stock 1.0ghz and then to 1.45ghz which I normally run it at....isnt a mind blowing difference anyways, its just a little snappier.

Last edited:
OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
My D2 came stock with 1ghz processor. Even using jrummy's overclock app it said stock was 1ghz max and 300ghz min

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It could be fine either way. My D1 is actually faster at 900MHz than at a higher speed. It'll handle and run at 1.25 though. My boy got an extended life battery for his DX and moved his minimum speed up (between 600-1000) with the max still being 1000 and that thing is stupid fast!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Detonation

Reaction score
If you end up opting for the replacement, get it through Verizon's warranty for free instead of having to pay your insurance deductible. They'll cover a bad camera as long as it doesn't look physically damaged.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea we got a good floor manager here and since they didn't have any replacement D2s in the back he is overnighting me one that should be here about 130-2 tommorrow afternoon. Hoping that the replacement is gonna run ok and have a good keyboard