Replacement keyboard recs

onebigunion

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for replacement bionic keyboards. My main issues are

I seem to miss the spacebar a lot when I type. A larger one would help.

I don't like having to hit an alternate key before I type a number or a comma.

Predictive text does not seem very good on the native app.

I realize il have to search and experiment but any suggestions from people who have similar issues would be great..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I always just use the stock keyboard.

So can offer a tip. For numbers just hold down the letter they share for a sec and the number and symbols pop up. Same for commas. Hold down the period button.

LLR0717

OP
O

onebigunion

Reaction score
I always just use the stock keyboard.

So can offer a tip. For numbers just hold down the letter they share for a sec and the number and symbols pop up. Same for commas. Hold down the period button.

LLR0717

Yes I just discovered that. Feel pretty dumb for not seeing that. Wish I could get to question mark with ae single keypress. That would be nice.

OP
O

onebigunion

Reaction score
I guess actually a question mark is also possible by holding the period and sliding to the question mark and releasing. Not always reliable though. I think I meed to study a bit more as I seem to be changing the identity of some of the grey keys without meaning to

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It takes some getting used to and some practice. But not too bad after a bit. I've gotten to the point where I think I can lose the keyboard on my D3 with my next upgrade.
You could try thumb keyboard. Its mainly for tablets but has some different options as far as setup that might work for ya.

LLR0717

AlexSB

Reaction score
Maybe swiftkey? There's also a newer ICS keyboard available on the market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
O

onebigunion

Reaction score
I'm checking out perfect keyboard free. So far I'm liking it. Not real feature rich but easy to use and has what I'm looking for

Al Neri

Reaction score
I switched to SwiftKey x and I don't think I could use stock anymore. I switched all of my friends and family to it too and they all swear by it too.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
My suggestion for predictive text is SwiftKey or TouchPal. Both are on the market. TouchPal auto spaces when predicted words are selected. I believe SwiftKey does too, but it's been a while since I used that app. I think SwiftKey is better at predicting text and TouchPal is more forgiving with miss typed words. TouchPal's numbers, symbols & upper case letters are accessed by touching the keys and sliding up or down. No long pressing. It also has the Swype feature. They call it Curve.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

sustained

Reaction score
After trying a few different keyboards I went with Smart Keyboard. A lot of nice well thought out features. I have no reason to look for another keyboard. Smart Keyboard

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Another vote for Swiftkey X here. It's the only reason I could give up my D1! Got it as a FAOTD and started using it instead of the physical all the time :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

vonfink13

Reaction score
Swype is amazing...it made my transition from real keyboard on my og Droid to the virtual on my razr very easy.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums