Replaced the Digitizer/screen assy

Thisispol

Reaction score
Phone is now acting as though it doesn't have power running to the on switch or something of that nature. Plugging a charger in will open the quick start screen to the battery percentage indicator, nothing more.

Anyone run in to a similar issue?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Phone is now acting as though it doesn't have power running to the on switch or something of that nature. Plugging a charger in will open the quick start screen to the battery percentage indicator, nothing more.

Anyone run in to a similar issue?

I would check the connection for the board to the battery, and re-seat all pop-off connectors inside. Those tiny connectors have dozens of pins and any one could be slightly loose causing what you are experiencing.

Good luck! ;)

OP
T

Thisispol

Reaction score
The touch screen controller ribbon cables?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The touch screen controller ribbon cables?

Those and any others you had to disconnect temporarily in order to gain access to the Digitizer.

OP
T

Thisispol

Reaction score
Those and any others you had to disconnect temporarily in order to gain access to the Digitizer.

Tore the unit down to the digitizer and mobo, checked the connections and pins, same issue. Curious, as according to the screen, the battery is charging just fine. Just won't actually turn on.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Tore the unit down to the digitizer and mobo, checked the connections and pins, same issue. Curious, as according to the screen, the battery is charging just fine. Just won't actually turn on.

How much power does the charging system say the battery has?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Originally when I first put it back together 50%.

After leaving it plugged in its at 100%.

Then it has to be a hardware problem if it won't power up now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

OP
T

Thisispol

Reaction score
Then it has to be a hardware problem if it won't power up now.

Time for another tear down until I figure out what the deal is then I guess. Appreciate the input.

Billyd

Reaction score
Did you have any luck finding your problem?

I have 2 parts Razrs I'm going to attempt to merge and was happy to see that the Razr does actually have a sm switch vs the D1 which used a tiny piece of metal that was formed to provide the oil can effect to contact two points.

I assume that you do feel a slight tactile click when pressing the power btn? because it is so tiny and alignment during assembly is very critical. The vol up and down use the same type switch.

Lemme know if you need any pics of the tiny connectors or what have you.
GL
X/BillyD..

word1114

Reaction score
i replaced my screen last night and it is doing the same thing, the moto logo comes on then the battery meter then it goes off
it is saying it's at 100%
But i did have a little white rubber piece left over that i didn't know where it went so i did not put it back in
any ideas