replaced broken screen but phone freezes...

r3m1x

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i recently ordered and replaced my broken screen for my droid razr maxx hd, but whenever i start the phone it freezes at the droid start up screen and SOMETIMES it starts up fine. could the problem be that i need to reset the phone so that the new hardware is recognized? anyone know what the problem could be? right now the phone started up fine, but i'm scared to reboot it and have it just hang or freeze the startup screen and keep rebooting itself.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think replacing the glass alone would have caused it to have a new hardware problem. It could be coincidence that you're having the problem or something else that went wrong during the glass installation.

OP
R

r3m1x

Reaction score
@leeshor

i'm also having problems with phone sensor which turns off while in a call. i was very careful with it while adding adhesive glue, so i'm not sure why it won't turn off. the phone powers on and the touch screen works, it's just the problem that it hangs or freezes at startup or the in-call sensor isn't working. i'm just thinking it could be a software issue or maybe i didn't insert the cables inside the phone properly.