Replaced Bionic in warranty, can't find files that used to show on memory card.

tedankel

Reaction score
Spent many hours reloading software from Google Play "My Apps". Now can not see any of the files which used to show under internal card. Ideas?

grgguy

Reaction score
If I'm understanding you correctly then you've got a "replacement phone". If that's the case then all the files from your external memory card will transfer when you put your sd card in your new phone. All the files/data from the internal memory are still in your old phone . Try backing them up in TB and then restoring them to your new phone( make sure you have TB save to your external sd) . That's your best option. Or you could move all your app's to sd then try restoring after switching your sd. However I'm not sure they will transfer with data .

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If you go to the online Google App Store, you will see an option "My Apps". It will list every app you ever downloaded with the option to re-download.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ted,

You mentioned internal card. That is in the phone itself, not the external card. So if you replaced the phone, anything on your external card came with you. Anything on the internal card is gone.

vipergts450

Reaction score
So if you replaced the phone, anything on your external card came with you. Anything on the internal card is gone.
Could he possibly make a nandroid backup of his old phone, save it to the external SD card, and then restore that backup to his replacement?

OP
T

tedankel

Reaction score
The old phone is not accessible. At same time Bionic was acting up, my desktop PC was in the shop having hard drives replaced so I had no way to access the memory built in to the Bionic...no slack cut from Verizon to take a peek. Will rebuild best possible.