Replace VZ Navigator with G Maps?

vfrc46

Reaction score
OK, Maybe I didn't search hard enough, but I've not seen this discussed/addressed anywhere as of yet.

Is it possible (w/out rooting) to replace the use of VZ Navigator with Google Maps? Example - when tapping on a Quick Contact, one of the options is to show the location of the address associated with the contact. However the mapping choice is VZ Navigator, which I'd rather not use. Can't I "default" the use of G Maps?

Thanks,
Brian

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Have you tried tapping on the VZ Navigator icon?

The first time I tapped on the VZ Navigator icon that pops up with tapping on a Quick Contact, it prompted me to choose which app I wanted to open - VZ Navigator, Google Maps, or Map Quest (all of the maps apps I have installed). I checked the box to "always open with this app" and then selected Google Maps. Now whenever I tap on a Quick Contact, it shows a Google Maps icon and always opens with Google Maps.

OP
V

vfrc46

Reaction score
Ah, my "duh" moment. That was the action i was expecting, but now see i didn't go far enough in actually selecting the address. Embarrassing, one would think this is my first Droid.
Thanks for the assist.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Ah, my "duh" moment. That was the action i was expecting, but now see i didn't go far enough in actually selecting the address. Embarrassing, one would think this is my first Droid.
Thanks for the assist.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

No need to be embarrassed. I would have thought the same thing if I saw the wrong icon there.