Replace Text Message with Standard Android Message

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you prefer the OD (Original Droid) text messaging package you can do the following to replace the D2 message package.

Download OD Message package from here
Extract which one you want to use to your SD Card. There is a version for stock status bar and black status bar.
Copy the MMS.apk to your system/app folder.
You can use Root Explorer and if you do, remember to set permissions to 644 (Read for Users, Groups & Others, Write for User and dont check anything else off)
Reboot
If all goes well you should see the new text message package.
You may rename or delete Conversations.apk & Messaging.apk. If you only use Gmail and no other email then you can delete/rename BlurEmail.apk and BlurEmailEngine.apk. I am almost sure the email apk files can be replaced with the OD files. I am trying to use the OD contacts but having some problems. If you have got contacts to work please let me know how.

The only draw back to this is that in Contact History the txt messages no longer show up there. I actually dont like it and wish there was a way to turn off history or use the OD contacts.apk :)

spleebie

Reaction score
Successfully did this on my Droid R2D2 without issues. Very grateful to have the stock messaging app back!

The only issues I have is the contact history thing (which I don't use anyway), and facebook pictures not being loaded. Any idea how to fix it? Most of my contact pics come from facebook and it's no fun to see them empty.

xolillyyyxo

Reaction score
i tried to do this and i have no idea what im doing, i need a lot of helpwith this because i really want the original texting back