repeating notifications

gotechgs

Reaction score
New to the forum and a search didn't quickly turn up any help. Since my new droid's not physically attached to person (not yet anyway), I sometimes miss text and voice notifications. Is there a way, OEM or a recommended app, that will sound a notification every few minutes that you have an unread text or voice mail? (like the old unsophisticated phones would do)

xush

Reaction score
I use the Handcent app for texting, it seems to have more flexibility than the stock app, esp with notifications. It can repeatedly notify you till you check the new texts. Just turned this feature OFF on my wife's phone recently.

One of its best features is the pop-up preview of new texts it shows on your homescreen. Very hard to miss texts when they're the first thing you see.

I don't use the paid verizon voicemail, so I'm not sure abt it. Google Voice lets you send a text message notification of new voicemail, so I suppose if you did that and sent it to Handcent, you could get repeated notifications that way. It's also very flexible with LED assignments too.

Sorry I'm not sure abt the stock apps, hopefully someone else is.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App