Repeating night notification

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
At night when I get an email or other message the screen flashes with the notification repeatedly. It is annoying to see it flash in the dark repeatedly. How can I stop this flashing from happening?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you tried opening the Moto app > 3 stars menu > Display > Keep Screen Dark > you can then set the times you want the screen to stay dark. I have not used it myself yet, but I believe that will keep the screen completely dark during the hours you set and you will not see any Active Display notifications.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Have you tried opening the Moto app > 3 stars menu > Display > Keep Screen Dark > you can then set the times you want the screen to stay dark. I have not used it myself yet, but I believe that will keep the screen completely dark during the hours you set and you will not see any Active Display notifications.
That's awesome. I wish stock android had that option. I've got Active Display on, but no quick way to toggle it on and off at night/morning, so I have to set my phone screen down because of the same issue the OP has. The notification light is bad enough to me when I'm having trouble falling asleep. The extra little bit of light from the display just makes it worse.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I keep telling you Jonny, you should have bought a Moto X Pure (or Turbo 2).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I keep telling you Jonny, you should have bought a Moto X Pure (or Turbo 2).

I tried. Moto didn't want to finance me due to the debt relief program I'm almost done with, regardless of the fact that I make more than enough to cover my bills and that monthly payment, so I couldn't get the X Pure. And I REALLY wanted to buy a device outside of the grasp of VZW, so their payment plan on the Turbo 2 was out...not to mention I already had my new 6P by the time it launched.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing wrong with a Nexus. I'm just teasing.

Hopefully the Setting I mentioned will help the OP keep their screen dark at night. I believe the Moto App is the same on a X Pure as a Turbo 2.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use something called "screen down". At night I put my phone screen down on the table. :D
I never have to worry about Android fragmentation, updates or any other possible bugs and it works for all devices.
I spotted this low tech solution when I got the Note4 and no matter what setting or app, gmail would not stop flashing the led when I got a new mail.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited: