Repair my droid x

chico2103

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can send my other droid to get repaired....I bought it the day it came out worked for about 4 hrs then stopped...I took it back to Verizon and they said it was water damaged and they couldn't do nothing about it,

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
if you attempted to turn on the phone after the water damage, while it was still wet inside, it is most likely fried.

If you did not attempt to turn it on, remove the battery and let it dry out for about 3 days and then you should be fine

OP
C

chico2103

Reaction score
Well its been just sittin at my house since july so I tried startin it up today and it didn't work so I dunno where I can send it to get fixed...if I could

OP
C

chico2103

Reaction score
The weird part is that it never got near any liquid....it just stopped workin

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
With that information my 2 suggestions would be.
One call the phone manufacturer. Most have an option where they will estimate the damages for you for approx. 30-60.00 and then tell you how much the repairs would be. Some places apply those charges to the repair.

The other option is, a cell phone store (not a company store) but somewhere that sells multi carriers, they normally have a repair shop on site or they can advise you where there is one or they send it out for you.

Hope this gives ya a lil hope

OP
C

chico2103

Reaction score
Im gonna try that....only good thing that came out of it was I complained to Verizon about I got the droid for 100 bucks wit my new every to and the rebate and they sent me another droid for the same price so I got two droids for 200 bucks...lol

csimo

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can send my other droid to get repaired....I bought it the day it came out worked for about 4 hrs then stopped...I took it back to Verizon and they said it was water damaged and they couldn't do nothing about it,

A friend used these guys and they did a good job (he dropped his in the toilet) Cell Phone Technicians 1-877-914-4001 - Home

Rocko

Reaction score
The rice will not work. The damage is done. This is where insurance comes in.

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Definitely don't buy one first, but if you have a friend with a droid x, borrow their battery and see it fixes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

chico2103

Reaction score

Definitely don't buy one first, but if you have a friend with a droid x, borrow their battery and see it fixes it.

Even with a different battery it wont work....question....did u go to kingsway regional high school??

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Even with a different battery it wont work....question....did u go to kingsway regional high school??

Si senor.

qkpony

Reaction score
I own a computer repair store and have great luck with phones and laptops take it apart and with a tooth brush and rubbing alcohol scrub the board down alot of times it is just carosion that bridges two contacts hope this helps

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App