1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

repair dock = rooted

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by CreditGod, Nov 17, 2009.

1. CreditGod

CreditGod New Member

ok so i went to a big verizon store where they have techs that fix phones there in "Texas" i was asking one of the salesman a question about my droid

well right after he started talking another salesperson had the stores droid in her hand and was yelling at the tech saying it was flashing codes again so she took the phone over to the counter and he pulls out docking station a little bit bigger than a computer key board he takes the battery door off and puts the droid in a square hole it looked like to me that the little round antenna thing was lined up with something on the dock

after about 2 minutes he told her it was fixed and then he gave it back to her.
  2. sir

sir New Member

hmm - root console over wireless frequency? ir? i thought that thing looked a little suspicious...
  3. yevar

yevar New Member

Did he take the battery out?
  4. Russell

Russell New Member

Very interesting indeed.... I want to know what that was...
  5. gtjokester

gtjokester New Member

wow, sounds like something we need to investigate more.. we all thought it was for an external antenna, but maybe its for something else completely.. it might be be some sort of communication port that can open a root access point.. interesting.. very interesting..
  6. CreditGod

CreditGod New Member

yes he did take the battery out

it took about 15 seconds for the thing to link up but once it did the screen "computer monitor" had a user interface and then it had a box with a bunch of code in it

i could only see it for about a 1 and a half minutes but the whole thing was over in 2 and a half minutes

i tried going back today but there was no problems with there instore droid so i didn't see the docking thing again
  7. sparticus

sparticus New Member

repair dock

so is there no way to get the file he used it has to be a signed rom.
  8. rxdroid

rxdroid New Member

FYI On US Droid the bootloader is not signed. Access NAND somehow(be creative) and you can have your way with the bootloader.
  9. yevar

yevar New Member

How do you know this?
  10. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

This is probably useless since people would need the special hardware the guy used. I doubt anyone here could get near the required equipment, and if they did, it wouldn't help me at all.
  11. thrashtrash

thrashtrash New Member

well

i am about to be hired at a verizon store. i just have to speak with the manager tomorrow. if i lock down the job i'll keep an eye out for said equipment
  12. Droided

Droided New Member

That's odd...I work @ a VZW corporate store and have never seen/heard of anything like this at all.
  13. Leonard Wong

Leonard Wong New Member

I wonder if the repair dock is just a special charger for the Droid. Similar to the PSP Pandora Battery that allows you to unbrick a PSP.
  14. Xerozix

Xerozix New Member

I bet its some sort of TTY interface disguised as a antenna port. We'll see.
  15. ZeRo_C0oL

ZeRo_C0oL New Member

Subscribed. :p
  16. phreakaj

phreakaj New Member

I stated this before in another thread bu when trying to open the bootloader on the older dtv sat cards the process involed repeated glitching(shocking) of the boot sector with varying voltages until the boot was accompished. Similar in a way to pandora battery in a psp as onother poster stated. Maybe I am totally in left field wiith this but sometimes good ideas come from left field.lol
  17. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

psp pandora doesnt glitch or shock into recovery boot it simply sets the batteries eprom serial num to 0x000000 which triggers recovery mode if the ipl and files are in proper folders and bootsector of mem stick.......
Search tags for this page

android repair phoenix ?