repacemnet Razr how to get ICS?

bmwnick

Reaction score
I got my replacement Razr phone today (old 1 screen cracked) and it wont update to ICS curious if anyone knows what i could do?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I got my replacement Razr phone today (old 1 screen cracked) and it wont update to ICS curious if anyone knows what i could do?

Patience my son, patience. It will come when its ready and not a moment sooner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

bmwnick

Reaction score
on my last replacement phone update came right away, 24 hrs later and no update...As im super impatient can i manually apply this and be fine? meaning will it take future updates?

wdprice3

Reaction score

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
on my last replacement phone update came right away, 24 hrs later and no update...As im super impatient can i manually apply this and be fine? meaning will it take future updates?

The "leaked" .211 is apparently the same exact ROM code as the one that was pushed out to those on soak, per someone who pulled a copy of it and compared hashcodes. This means it "should" be safe to flash and you "should" be on the OTA upgrade path with no troubles afterwards. I say "should", because once done there is NO WAY KNOWN to go back to Gingerbread, and so if it fouls, you're stuck. Also, since nobody knows for sure if it's definitely on the OTA, the only "sure" way is to wait for OTA or pull via the Settings menu, About Phone, Check for updates and download starting tomorrow (as the post before me indicates).

OP
B

bmwnick

Reaction score
ICS being pushed to your device has nothing to do with when you got it/that it's a replacement/etc. The fact that your last device was updated quickly was a coincidence. ICS will be pushed when it's pushed. Or, ICS will supposedly be available for manual pull tomorrow (via: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...maxx-available-manual-download-june-30-a.html also see http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-4-0-ics-update-rollout-starting-today.html).

great response thnx ill def try to get a manual update tomorrow!

The "leaked" .211 is apparently the same exact ROM code as the one that was pushed out to those on soak, per someone who pulled a copy of it and compared hashcodes. This means it "should" be safe to flash and you "should" be on the OTA upgrade path with no troubles afterwards. I say "should", because once done there is NO WAY KNOWN to go back to Gingerbread, and so if it fouls, you're stuck. Also, since nobody knows for sure if it's definitely on the OTA, the only "sure" way is to wait for OTA or pull via the Settings menu, About Phone, Check for updates and download starting tomorrow (as the post before me indicates).

thnx ill hold off and try to be patient !!