Renaming Bookmarks in Maps

kevroc

Reaction score
I like to create bookmarks in the Maps application. I'm coming from an iPhone so I'm used to being able to "drop a pin" anyway on the map and then "name" that pin. I'm used to doing this if I park my car someplace unfamiliar or when I go hiking to mark trailheads or waypoints.

Anyway, I'm trying to do this in google maps and thought I would share my "workaround". In the maps application you can press and hold and it will come up with something like the nearest streetname or zip code or whatever. Unfortunately you can't name/rename the description there, but you can "star" it which adds it as a bookmark. It then syncs almost instantly to my google bookmarks on my google webpage. There you can edit your marks and the names given. If you edit the names there and go back into maps on the phone you'll see the updated names. I like having "Mount Whitney Trailhead" displayed as opposed to "Unnamed Road".

Brokenartist

Reaction score
What I usually do is click on the spot I am at and then go into the menu that pops up when clocking on the location and starring it. When I want to go back to it I look under options -> more -> starred items

OP
K

kevroc

Reaction score
What I usually do is click on the spot I am at and then go into the menu that pops up when clocking on the location and starring it. When I want to go back to it I look under options -> more -> starred items

That's what I was doing, but the names listed under the "Starred Items" can be very cryptic. For instance I have an entry "unnamed road, bishop, ca". Well I have no idea if that's the trailhead, campsite, summit or whatever. Since I can't name it then it's not a whole lot of help.

jamincompu

Reaction score
Well I have no idea if that's the trailhead, campsite, summit or whatever. Since I can't name it then it's not a whole lot of help.
oBTk