Renaming Apps

Yes i failed

Reaction score
Hey iv tried searching for the answer but i cant find a good answer so ill just ask flat out on here
is there a way to rename applications? like the handcent app id rather have it say msgs or something

thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can rename the Icon using bettercut.

BetterCut v2.2 Application for Android | Tools

chart

armeddroid

Reaction score
Go on the market and get BETTERCUT.
It can change icons and rename them if you like.
There is also plenty of ICON PACKS you can pick up to use to replace your icon, if you choose to do so.

OP
Y

Yes i failed

Reaction score
is there anything else that can do it free? just wondering

armeddroid

Reaction score
ehh...
not too sure what else is out there. I just use BETTERCUT due to the amts of recommendations.
but I do know if you create folders so that you can load apps into them,
APPS ORGANIZER can also change your icons out for your FOLDERS and rename them ALSO it can utilize BETTERCUT ICON PACKS' to create a new icon for your FOLDERS.
Its free too.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried this, but since you have a 24-hour window to uninstall and get a full refund, could you get BetterCut, use it and then uninstall? Or is BetterCut needed in the background?

Personally, I'd just get the app and keep it as the cost is only $1.99.

EDIT: Opps, I see in the ratings and comments they aren't big on refunds so my idea won't work. Also, I see that there are problems with some of the home apps. Is this true?

Last edited:

warrior21

Reaction score
I haven't tried this, but since you have a 24-hour window to uninstall and get a full refund, could you get BetterCut, use it and then uninstall? Or is BetterCut needed in the background?

Personally, I'd just get the app and keep it as the cost is only $1.99.

EDIT: Opps, I see in the ratings and comments they aren't big on refunds so my idea won't work. Also, I see that there are problems with some of the home apps. Is this true?
I know with helix as long as you have the app on the native home screen it will let you modify it on the new launcher. I'm guessing it should be this way with other launchers as well. I know I got it to work with GDE also