removing verizion wireless name.

razrboy32

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove/ replace the Verizon Wireless name on the home screen and notification pull down bar. My phone is already rooted. I have looked and if any one has already answered this I do apologize. Thanks in advance for all your help

Thomas.4

ablank

Reaction score
running a custom ROM can do this but i'm not sure what the status is on razr roms at the moment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
R

razrboy32

Reaction score
Yea I knew that would work but I ha e flashed custom Rome before on my captivate and really was hoping to get around doing t
hat if possiable

Zandar

Reaction score
Can't you simply edit the build.prop if you're rooted?

OP
R

razrboy32

Reaction score
I probably could if I knew what program@ to use. I tried root explorer and. Mounting read /write but that didn't work. Any suggestion on which program to use? @zander

OP
R

razrboy32

Reaction score
OK well tried editing the build prop with sq lite and its not interest. So tried es file explorer and it pull the same amount of data as root explorer. Any other sugesstio. Would be greatly appreciated.

Zandar

Reaction score
OK well tried editing the build prop with sq lite and its not interest. So tried es file explorer and it pull the same amount of data as root explorer. Any other sugesstio. Would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure what you're saying, here. Did you change the name and it didn't stick? Did you make sure you saved changes before backing out of build.prop?

swallman

Reaction score
Funny, none of my phones have ever had the Verizon name on the home screen. I wonder if its because I'm under an old grandfathered plan for Alltel (although I have renewed twice in the past few years)...

OP
R

razrboy32

Reaction score
Well it was not In the build prop at all and root explorer and es file pulled the exact same things.but It still not in the build prop that I can see. But I could also be overlooking it too.

OP
R

razrboy32

Reaction score
@ swallman Verizon isn't on home screen its in the notification pull down and would like to change it.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not in the build.prop file.
It's in the framework. Need to be deodexed to remove the name on the home screen.

OP
R

razrboy32

Reaction score
Well that explains why I can't find it. So how do i deodex my razr. If its possiable yet. Yet

Last edited: