Removing Un-Wanted Apps

trackman1

Reaction score
HI quick question ..after I install ICS and then d/l the Titanium Backup app....what is the procedure to use Titanium backup to remove them??.......Thanks

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
With ICS you have the ability to disable (freeze if you will) pre-installed apps. For that all you do is go to your app menu and where an installed app says "uninstall" a pre-installed app will say "disable". If it says uninstall updates, then do that first then you'll see the option to disable. I don't know anything about Titanium Backup...sorry.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks alot........i only mentioned Titanium app because people have said it freees or removes them.....I just wanted to know the directions on how to use titanium backup to do that?/

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
You do not want to ever delete an app that was originally on your phone or else you will have problems on your next OTA update.

Alot of what you read about Titanium Backup and freezing apps was pre-ICS. Berfore ICS, there was no way to disable an app with the stock system. That was an advantage of TB.

Now you have two ways of disabling (freezing) you apps.

1. Go to settings, click apps, go over to all, go down to your desired app and click on it then select disable. It way say uninstall updates next to force stop. If it does, remove updates then select the app again. It will say disable. Select disable and the app will be disabled. All disabled apps go to the bottom of the screen if you decide you really want it then you can enable it again.

2. Open TB. Select Backup/Restore. Scroll down to desired app. Select app. A new windo will pop up that has several choices. The one you want to choose to disable the app is "freeze!" After you freeze the app the line will turn blue letting you know the app is frozen. If you want to turn it back on, select the app and choose "Defrost!" You will need to defrost all "system" app (bloatware installed by vzw) prior to taking an OTA update otherwise the update will fail.

Either way, the app will not appear in you app section.

Hope this helps.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks alot...it greatly helps...so now I dont have to bother using the Titianum app......if i choose not to