Removing the slider

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is exactly the program I was looking for to skip the lockscreen. However, I know this is nitpicking, but the phone unlocked around a second faster for me in Alpha 1 as opposed to Alpha 2.

keep alpha 1 installed instead of 2. :)

petjakob

Reaction score
in my experience, the first couple of times i got some extremely slow wakeups, where I'd see the lockscreen, then see the wakeup screen, and finally i could cancel back out of the wakeup prompt. so yes on the first tests i would have agreed with you on about 1 second longer. I thought to myself.. well, this method is not going to be practical with such a delay. however, I always give it time to test for consistency.

after the phone had been in my pocket for a bit, after that it was very snappy. I couldn't explain why it sometimes takes longer, seems to be the cpu and it happens whether or not you are using the lockscreen slide. example- slide it open while it is asleep and that way always takes longer due to the cpu having to do the screen rotation in addition to everything else.

i cant figure out a way to fix the home/search button bug with alpha 1's method, however in the next release (likely to be beta) in preferences you will have the choice of whether to see the brief wakeup screen or not use it (like alpha 1) with disclaimer that you have to launch home once before the app switcher or search dialog will be accessible. Now for me, this bug never impacted me whatsoever, because I have my main apps I ever use as the 8 app icons on my home screen. So I didn't need home long press, I would just press home once and my desired apps could be accessed. But it's not like the function is gone forever, in almost all cases of use you will have already pressed home once to get to the new app you are switching back to something else from.

Just because it's very simple to do it, I will release the earlier test build alpha 1a which had fixed phone bug but had not changed the unlock method. Feel free to grab it if going forward your wakeups continue to be noticably slow. Report back with any other apps that might be running, check in your apps menu in running services as that might be helpful to me in identifying what might be slowing it down for you. For me it is visibly instant for the last day I've been using it after the initial load or phone reboot.