Removing the slider

vm2001

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a way to remove the droid slider all together.
Basically is there a way to just press the power button and the phone is ready to use, with no need to slide the slider to unlock the phone. I use my phone allot during work and the constant sliding is getting a bit annoying. I have searched the marked up and down and found various sliding options but nothing that can disable it all together. please help.
(I have never used forums before so please be patient with me lol)
Thank you all for your help..
Vick.

moot

Reaction score
Settings-> Location and security-> uncheck require pattern.

Voila, no app needed.

mad3963

Reaction score
Settings-> Location and security-> uncheck require pattern.

Voila, no app needed.

That only has to do with the "connect-the-dots" Lock pattern, NOT the slide-to-unlock feature.

mad3963

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a way to remove the droid slider all together.
Basically is there a way to just press the power button and the phone is ready to use, with no need to slide the slider to unlock the phone. I use my phone allot during work and the constant sliding is getting a bit annoying. I have searched the marked up and down and found various sliding options but nothing that can disable it all together. please help.
(I have never used forums before so please be patient with me lol)
Thank you all for your help..
Vick.

No known way to do this at the moment.

OP
vm2001

vm2001

Reaction score
thank you for the suggestion. But that is not what i was referring too. I am trying to get rid of the slider. assuming i don't have lock pattern activated the phone still requires the user to slide from left to right to unlock the phone, this is what i don't want to do. i want to press the power button and have the phone be ready for use.
any help is appreciated.
thank you all

moot

Reaction score
Ah, my mistake. Skimmed through your post too quickly. There isn't a way to get rid of slide to unlock feature you are referring to, at moment.

Perhaps it is possible with root access, though? I admittedly do not know enough to comment on the subject.

rjax

Reaction score
Yes, there is a way to disable the slider. Search for screenmodewidget in the Market, or in this Forum, to find out more.

OP
vm2001

vm2001

Reaction score
thank you very much rjax. I downloaded the screenmodewidget and its exactly what i was looking for...
love this forum ...:)

philc21

Reaction score
i just tried screenmodewidget, and its a great widget only probly i have is that any button will wake the phone up. Anyone know an app that removes the lock screen but will still only allow the top button to turn the phone on? i have a feeling ill be accidentally pressing my volume and camera buttons in my pocket and killing my battery life

vinnard

Reaction score
i just tried screenmodewidget, and its a great widget only probly i have is that any button will wake the phone up. Anyone know an app that removes the lock screen but will still only allow the top button to turn the phone on? i have a feeling ill be accidentally pressing my volume and camera buttons in my pocket and killing my battery life

I'd like something like this, too.

philc21

Reaction score
Just pulled my phone out of my pocket to find it in google sky map. Anyone find something that locks the camera and the volume buttons?

eagles51593

Reaction score
Just pulled my phone out of my pocket to find it in google sky map. Anyone find something that locks the camera and the volume buttons?

I was just about to ask about this form those that have used the app. I hated my voyage because it always turned on and unlocked its self. So far with the Droid and a lock pattern on, I have had no such problems. Looks like I won't be getting this app :(

OP
vm2001

vm2001

Reaction score
I have noticed that this app works great for does who use a belt clip. I myself never put the phone in my pocket so it worked out great. also since its a widget i actually turn it on and off according to my need at that current situation. anyway if anyone finds an app or widget that would not unlock by the side keys please let us know.