Removing the original Email App?

Vikam

Reaction score
Is there a command for removing the original Email app using terminal, here at work we have SSl security for Exchange and i do not want to have to type in a pin or password everytime i turn my phone on, i do have a Email apk that i downloaded on the forum here a while back that will allow me to bypass the security policy, but when i try to install it over MIUI 6.2 and previous versions after phone gets rebooted it keeps asking for the certificate to be downloaded and this forces me to use a pin or i dont get any e-mails.

I would appriciate any help on this

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
Is there a command for removing the original Email app using terminal, here at work we have SSl security for Exchange and i do not want to have to type in a pin or password everytime i turn my phone on, i do have a Email apk that i downloaded on the forum here a while back that will allow me to bypass the security policy, but when i try to install it over MIUI 6.2 and previous versions after phone gets rebooted it keeps asking for the certificate to be downloaded and this forces me to use a pin or i dont get any e-mails.

I would appriciate any help on this

I'm not sure if there's a terminal command to remove it, even though there more likely is, but you can always remove the Email apk using Titanium Backup. I never use the Email app, so every time I flash a new rom, I just remove it via Ti.

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Well I'm not to sure about teminal but the easiest way that I have found is through Root Explorer..go into system/app the scroll down to the email.apk file and make sure the little button on top say R/O instead of Rw/w then click delete...

Sent from Droid Nation!

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
Well I'm not to sure about teminal but the easiest way that I have found is through Root Explorer..go into system/app the scroll down to the email.apk file and make sure the little button on top say R/O instead of Rw/w then click delete...

Sent from Droid Nation!

Agreed, if you're without Ti, using RE is certainly another alternative to removing apps. Glad you mentioned R/O and R/W, I think a lot of people forget or don't realize that it's vital for making changes. To clarify further, if the little button at the top of RE says R/O, that means you're currently in R/W, and vice versa.

OP
V

Vikam

Reaction score
Thank you, i got it uninstalled and the one that bypasses the SSL security installed.....hopefully i wont have any more problems with that.

Reaction score
You can open the zip go to system>apps and just delete it that way, then you don't have to do any of it on your phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App