Removing or deleting apps

trojanjeff84

Reaction score
Is there any way to move more of my apps to the SD card, the option is not available on most of them, or better yet, how can I remove them. I'm a noob when you start talking tech terms, so someone would have to explain the process to me. Don't want to delete the wrong things...

Thanks, in advance, for all the suggestions

OP
T

trojanjeff84

Reaction score
Also, I keep deleting apps and I still have that icon on the top bar saying the phone is low on space....

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings> applications> all and there you can remove or move apps

OP
T

trojanjeff84

Reaction score
I've done that, but most don't give me the option to move or uninstall...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about just going to the market and looking in my apps and uninstalling from there? Or are you taking about preloaded apps?

OP
T

trojanjeff84

Reaction score
The preloaded apps. But as I keep deleting the downloaded apps, the warning message does not go away, and I can't receive texts. Any suggestions?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
To delete the bloatware you'd have to root...not sure why you're not receiving txts though

OP
T

trojanjeff84

Reaction score
Can you give me a step by step on how to root? Also, every time after I update apps, I get that message, then I have to try and find some apps to delete. I don't have many left. I also try removing pics and all my texts, and sometimes that works, too. It seems a waste to not be able to put things on the SD card when itis basically empty...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you give me a step by step on how to root? Also, every time after I update apps, I get that message, then I have to try and find some apps to delete. I don't have many left. I also try removing pics and all my texts, and sometimes that works, too. It seems a waste to not be able to put things on the SD card when itis basically empty...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

That's the link I see most ppl referencing, not sure how valid it is now, I rooted the "old way" a long time ago...

Btw I assumed you had a droid 1, if you don't you can just google "how to root" and your phone model.