Removing Liberty GB?

vinnie80

Reaction score
Enjoyed playing around with liberty GB the last week or so, but its not polished enough yet to be my full time ROM. I want to go back to the GB leak. I have a backup that I did in clockwork before I flashed Liberty GB.

What steps do I need to take to get this back?

Thanks in advance!

Vinnie

UrGonnaDie

Reaction score
Why not use it for a couple more days and see if the real version of gingerbread comes out this week?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
V

vinnie80

Reaction score
eh... i thought about it, but i figure going back to the leak it will be just as easy to upgrade to the official. I saw a post on one of the websites (possibly XDA... I forget though) that there's a way to get the OTA without having to SBF back to 2.2.

The majority of the reason is I had my setup, homescreens etc perfect with the blurred version, and with some widgets not working properly, i figure i'll come back to liberty once it hits 1.0.

Any suggestions on an easy way to get back?

zwade01

Reaction score
If the backup you made is of the GB leak, just restore it. You don't have to do anything else. It wouldn't hurt to wipe first though.

OP
V

vinnie80

Reaction score
The back up was from the .588 leak... When installing Liberty GB I installed the .591 as instructed. Will that cause any problems?

66racer

Reaction score
The back up was from the .588 leak... When installing Liberty GB I installed the .591 as instructed. Will that cause any problems?

Well with the .591 kernal I was able to sbf fine to froyo, I heard since it wasnt the bootloader I dont think u will have issues, some people also installed the kernal first then v.5, but im no pro, i tend to have the DO IT first if it sounds logical but get burned from time to time with that mind set lol