Removing feedback noise during texting

poonda

Reaction score
i don't want there to be any feedback noise when i'm typing on my droid, and have always had this setting turned off. for some reason, i now hear something everytime i text on the touch screen keyboard. my "haptic feedback" and "audible selection" settings are unchecked.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't want there to be any feedback noise when i'm typing on my droid, and have always had this setting turned off. for some reason, i now hear something everytime i text on the touch screen keyboard. my "haptic feedback" and "audible selection" settings are unchecked.

Are you hearing a typewriter noise? What type of keyboard are you using on your touch screen?

You may be interested in Swype. Everyone (but me) loves it. It allows you to type by simply drawing a line from letter to letter. Google will be your friend for that.

OP
P

poonda

Reaction score
is it necessary that i download an entirely new app for this? i don't understand why i would need to, since it seems i just unknowingly changed the settings somehow, and can't figure out how to change them back. i'm content with the keyboard, i just want to type without hearing any noise.

OP
P

poonda

Reaction score
i'm using the standard on screen keyboard, no skin or anything added on. i guess it can be described as a typewriter noise?