1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Removing emails from phone without removing them from Gmail

Discussion in 'Pantech Breakout' started by asquonk, May 6, 2013.

1. asquonk

asquonk New Member

Hello there,

My phone is running out of storage space and it's telling me that I need to free up room by deleting emails and text messages. But I want to keep my emails on Gmail after I delete them. I'm using the factory email app from Verizon.

Does anybody know if deleting emails will also cause them to vanish from Gmail as well? Is there a workaround for this if it does?

Thanks a lot.
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You could just put them into a different folder.. Like the important folder or another of your choosing.. This will eliminate them from our inbox and store them in another folder.
  3. jtc303

jtc303 New Member

I'm pretty sure there's an option to delete emails from server or not...if there isn't give another email app like k9 a try, I know it has that option.

edit..just checked it doesn't have that option that I can see, k9 does though

|[JTC MaxxHD]|
  4. asquonk

asquonk New Member

Yes, I couldn't find that option originally, which is why I asked. But even if I move to another email app . . . how do I get the existing emails off my phone???
Search tags for this page

android delete email adresses from phone not gmail

android email delete on phone not on server

just want everything off of gmail from my pantech breakout

s4 delete email from phone but not server