Removing Certs I installed on my phone

Shadoninja

Reaction score
I installed certs on my phone to try to get my VPN working, but it didn't work the first time so I installed the same certs with a new name after redownloading them. That still didn't fix the issue, so I decided to start from scratch. I went into my security settings and found the "Trusted Credentials" menu and went to the user installed certs and removed them all. The problem is my VPN setup still lists them all in the drop down menu. I can see that this is going to get extremely cluttered and messy if I can't get this imprints off my phone. Any advice?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Maybe I have a solution (maybe not). Go to settings and find the app manager. Scroll to all and find the VPN client you're using and clear the cache then restart the phone. If that doesn't work try clearing the settings too. You may need to do the settings again but it also may clear up the problem.

OP
S

Shadoninja

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Maybe I have a solution (maybe not). Go to settings and find the app manager. Scroll to all and find the VPN client you're using and clear the cache then restart the phone. If that doesn't work try clearing the settings too. You may need to do the settings again but it also may clear up the problem.

Thanks leeshor,

I checked and didn't find the VPN on my application list. It is the default VPN support from whatever the officially supported and propagated Android OS is right now on the Galaxy S3 through Sprint if that helps.

OP
S

Shadoninja

Reaction score
I don't have my S3 in front of me but on my S4 it's called Enterprise VPN Services.

Ah yes I didn't switch to the "all" tab on my application viewer. I see that now, as well as two other apps that start with "VPN" but all of them are occupying absolutely no space on my hard drive.

OP
S

Shadoninja

Reaction score
You've done all I can think of to do. Sorry I can't provide any other suggestion.

Thanks for the help though! I feared it was going to be something weird and unsolvable, but its not that big of a deal.

tarbcl

Reaction score
This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details are made with lot of backgound knowledge. I like it a lot. Keep on taking actio