REMOVING boot animation on unrooted Dinc

hellotracy

Reaction score
Is this possible?
I'm a noob and am not wanting to root my phone.
i know everyone loves this thing, but i want to get rid of the animation, or at a minimum the creeped out voice that says "droid".

thank you thank you!

dbu

Reaction score
Is this possible?
I'm a noob and am not wanting to root my phone.
i know everyone loves this thing, but i want to get rid of the animation, or at a minimum the creeped out voice that says "droid".

thank you thank you!

Can't do it unless you're rooted.

Sent from under your mom's bed

dadajack

Reaction score
I believe you can remove it easy enough with some adb commands. PM me, and I'll let you know.

*edit* sorry, you will need su permissions to overwrite the bootanimation.zip file.

Last edited:

aorbpro

Reaction score
There is a Market app available " silent boot " that does this well on my unrooted Incredible.

OP
H

hellotracy

Reaction score
Thank you! the app worked well to silence, but I'd still love to get rid of the entire animation, if possible.

dbu

Reaction score
Thank you! the app worked well to silence, but I'd still love to get rid of the entire animation, if possible.

The only way to delete it from the system partition is to be rooted. You should root your phone anyway and flash a custom ROM (Virtuous or Redemption are my favs), you will gain a lot more functionality, and speed and can significantly increase battery life.