Removing Bloatware?

Trigonous

Reaction score
You can find system dumps all over xda, you can get your missing .apks there.

Sent from my DROID3

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
+1 to this. If there is a OTA in the future, I will NOT be accepting it, even if I could lol..

I'm with you guys. I'm grateful to the Dev community for getting this thing rooted. I don't want to just turn around and throw away their hard work for an OTA update, that will probably fix nothing anyway.

BluPhire

Reaction score
Do not remove.

2 ways. "Freeze" the apps with titanium backup, or buy root explorer and rename the apk's to bak files.

Freezing is more user friendly. You will need to unfreeze before accepting OTA updates as well.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

How exactly do you "FREEZE" apps using Titanium Backup?

Maybe this does not belong in this thread, maybe it does. I'm not 100% sure, feel free to move if needed =)

-BluPhire

Invader DJ

Reaction score
How exactly do you "FREEZE" apps using Titanium Backup?

Maybe this does not belong in this thread, maybe it does. I'm not 100% sure, feel free to move if needed =)

-BluPhire

In Titanium Backup click Backup/Restore at the top. Then there will be a list of apps, if you click the app you want to freeze there will an option to freeze it. Frozen apps will be highlighted in blue.

pigpen

Reaction score
I have a quick question ... im rooted, and have renamed all the bloat appropriately with .bak extensions in place. The only file I CAN'T find
is the verizonbackup apk, which is running all the time. I DO have verizonbackupclient.apk renamed with the .bak extension. Is the actual verizonbackup apk in the system/app folder, or is it located in another folder. I've never enabled it since getting the phone so im not sure if thats the problem, or what the real name is for the apk, but it does appear to hidden from view. Id love to figure this out if anyone has any insight.

howzball

Reaction score
So we're required to keep Blockbuster app on our phones or we can't update them?
Seems like Bullsh to me.

Is Blockbuster even still in business?
I declared war on BB back in the 90's and they'll never see a dime of my $

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
So we're required to keep Blockbuster app on our phones or we can't update them?
Seems like Bullsh to me.

Is Blockbuster even still in business?
I declared war on BB back in the 90's and they'll never see a dime of my $

Ha...I agree and yeah they're still around....most stores are closing but some are surviving.

One near me is becoming a VZW store....though I hear service for things like getting ur phone fixed at VZW stores is going bye-bye...you go there, they diagnose it, etc and then they send out ur phone or something like that. Basically they are farming out the service work. Again...or so I hear.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Tim B

Reaction score
If deleting apps prevents OTA upgrades

then:

Does freezing various system bloatware apps with Titanium Pro prevent an OTA upgrade? I don't wanna miss the upcoming bionic upgrade that is supposed to fix a few issues.