1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

removing backups from sd

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Droidnewbster, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Droidnewbster

Droidnewbster New Member

Hi I was wondering how do i remove a backup from my sd card or from rom manager i just feel like they are taking up alot of space on my card any help would be appreciated:)
  2. Skaggz

Skaggz New Member

Are they giving away rooted phones in crackerjack boxes now?

Use a file manager, such as Astro, to remove the backups. Or mount to your computer and delete them that way. Remember to keep at least one known stable one on there.
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Wow, that was a little harsh!!

OP you can access your sd card either through Root explorer (go to your sd card) or Astro File Manager and delete the backups you no longer want. Or you can go into ROM Manager > manage and restore backups > long press on any of the backups you do not want and tell it to delete. You can also rename your backups from here so that you know what ones are what in the future.
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

haha yea if u know how to root u should know where the backups are stored

i lol'ed bc i got mine in my box of cinnamon toast crunch :icon_ banana:
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

If you have enough room on your computer (who doesn't these days) I would suggest creating a directory structure on your pc and put them there (mount the phone on the pc and move with your file explorer). As a matter of fact, if you do not periodically back up your sd card you are living very dangerously. These cards do fail from time to time.

Another reason to store them on the pc is that you may want to go back and pull an ap or something from one of these at a later date. Keep a current one or two on the sd card, and store the rest, securely.

Craig
  6. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

ROTFLOL, I know right. I knew [FONT=&quot]ABSOUTELY[/FONT] NOTHING before I got my phone, and this forum has helped [FONT=&quot]tremendously[/FONT], but at least I learned about the phone and file structure before I rooted.
Search tags for this page
android backup where are they stored
how to delete a backup from sd card
how to delete backup from rom manager
how to remove old backups on android sd card
rom manager, how to delete backup file
where are rom backup files stored on android phone x2

where are rom manager backups stored

where is android backup stored