Removing Apps from Amazon Account...?

Beka27

Reaction score
Like a bunch of other people, I've been using the Amazon Appstore for their "Free App of the Day". I've gotten a bunch of great games and productivity apps!

But... now I have between 40-50 apps on my account and I only use probably about a dozen. The others I have uninstalled from my phone, but they all automatically DL again after a reset. I have to go thru and delete one by one.

I love the ability to try out different apps, but if I decide one is not for me, I want it removed from my account permanently. Has anyone found a way to do this? I've looked on the mobile site and on the computer... but I haven't figured it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Download again? My uninstalled Amazon apps are just listed but not re-installed. Besides, after installing Amazon apps, you should go back to your settings and de-select the option to allow all downloads so that you don't get some rogue software on your phone. Do that and there's no way Amazon can download All your apps again.

sarreq

Reaction score
it'll list what apps you own, but it shouldn't auto download

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
As I'm thinking about it again, I wonder if it's more of a Titanium Back-up issue. Maybe for some reason it's reinstalling thru TB even tho I don't have current back-ups for them.

But regardless, I no longer want some of these apps to even be listed on my Amazon account page.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I guess I'll have to do some more digging. Maybe an email to Amazon is in order.

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Download again? My uninstalled Amazon apps are just listed but not re-installed. Besides, after installing Amazon apps, you should go back to your settings and de-select the option to allow all downloads so that you don't get some rogue software on your phone. Do that and there's no way Amazon can download All your apps again.

Where is this option in the Amazon settings? Can you post a path please? :)

Reaction score

That is an android setting not an amazon one.

From your home screen hit the menu button/settings/applications

Then uncheck unknown sources. Note that this will prevent amazon from working at all as I understand it.

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score

That is an android setting not an amazon one.

From your home screen hit the menu button/settings/applications

Then uncheck unknown sources. Note that this will prevent amazon from working at all as I understand it.

Oh okay. That wasn't clear from his post. I obviously don't want to deselect that option. I do far too much rom/theme flashing and other apk installations to have to constantly be worried about whether or not unknown sources is checked. But thank you. :)

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
An update...

I emailed Amazon and asked about removing apps from accounts. This is their response:

Hello Beka,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble. At this time, Amazon Appstore for Android does not support removing apps from the MyApps list. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We do have a lot of customers requesting this feature, and our engineers have told us they are working on a fix for this. We haven't been given an estimated time yet, but they said that it should be out soon.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write us.

I am sure other people have been asking about removing apps, I've already had several people in "my real life" ask me if I knew how to do this. So hopefully it will be an option soon.

nikecar

Reaction score
I had to do a.reset on my phone and the amazon apps asked if I wanted to download them first, not doing them all at once automatically. I hit ok.and realized one I didn't want so I had to wait til it finished to remove

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums