Removed yellow pull tab - can't remove battery

eens

Reaction score
Just got my X and made a big mistake right out of the box - 'pulled' the yellow pull tab in the battery compartment and kept pulling until the that entire piece peeled off (thought it needed to be removed so that the battery would make contact). So, then put the battery in and .... of course ... it will not power on. The only 'how to remove battery' info I'm finding says 'it's easy - just pull the yellow tab'! Does anyone know how to remove the battery when the yellow tab is no longer there (other than just prying with a screwdriver or such)?

Yikes, has anyone else done this?

thanks.

cgrimm9

Reaction score
coworker tried to do this to his dx I stopped him as he was trying to tear it off. I have not even recieved my dx yet and I knew better guy on the phone as i was activating it i mentioned this to him and he was alot of people wher calling in about that tab.

Ferradinho

Reaction score
Take it into Verizon. They are sending out replacements for people that cut off the battery pull tab. Just don't do it on the replacement...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Just got my X and made a big mistake right out of the box - 'pulled' the yellow pull tab in the battery compartment and kept pulling until the that entire piece peeled off (thought it needed to be removed so that the battery would make contact). So, then put the battery in and .... of course ... it will not power on. The only 'how to remove battery' info I'm finding says 'it's easy - just pull the yellow tab'! Does anyone know how to remove the battery when the yellow tab is no longer there (other than just prying with a screwdriver or such)?

thanks.
Luckly, I dug mine out of the wastebasket and put it back after I used one of those cheap eye glass screwdriver sets you see in some Dollar stores. Luckly it popped out the battery and I could replace the tag.

antintyty

Reaction score

thanks.

*FAIL*

LoL, i almost did the same thing...

Lightninrod

Reaction score
So, then put the battery in and .... of course ... it will not power on.

Why not? That tab is just a removal device right? Pulling it completely out should have nothing to do with the battery making contact

Reaction score
Hehe... not sure why people are ignoring the "DO NOT CUT" warning on the tab.

I find it funny, though. I mean, I'm sorry for the inconvenience people are going through with it and all, but it's just funny that so many ignore the warning. I mean, what goes through your mind when it says "DO NOT CUT?" Do you think to yourself; "Okay, I will just rip it off instead!"?

Hehe, sorry. Not intending to insult anyone. You have to admit that it's funny as hell, though.

scf

Reaction score
it's one of those "merrily rolling along unpacking your new toy" leading to "smacking yourself in the forehead for doing something so freakin stupid" moments...

Yeah, I have 'em too.

tony1208

Reaction score
Haha I did the same thing when I got my x ....but found it yesterday actually. What I was doing in the mean time was using a pointy knife tip and slipping it to the top corner where the tab should be.I found it easy to remove that way...lucklly the tab still stuck on the back when I found it....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6

I find it funny, though. I mean, I'm sorry for the inconvenience people are going through with it and all, but it's just funny that so many ignore the warning. I mean, what goes through your mind when it says "DO NOT CUT?" Do you think to yourself; "Okay, I will just rip it off instead!"?

Hehe, sorry. Not intending to insult anyone. You have to admit that it's funny as hell, though.

Well, it does say "PULL" on it...followed by the do not cut symbol...

And nowhere in the manual does it state what the tab is for. I almost pulled mine off but once I put the battery in, I clearly saw what it was for.

Slothead

Reaction score

Nobody reads crap anymore! RTFM... what? what's a manual? Call someone instead, or google it (but then you will have to read)! Haha!

monkeyshines

Reaction score
This is why there's a sticker on hair dryers that says, "Do not use in shower." Lol. Sorry, I had to say it.

OP
E

eens

Reaction score
It's fixable

Thanks. It was funny-dumb and fixable.

Because I had kept 'pulling' until the entire sheet was free of the battery compartment I was able to put the whole thing back in one piece. Guess it doesn't really need to be there to work (I assumed the worst after not holding the power button down long enough - second, but last dumb move), but after prying out the battery the hard way it's nice to know it will come out easy next time.

This DX is my trade up from a very old (calls only) and dying phone so what a nice pick up in speed after that initial spin into the ditch.

Eolly

Reaction score
You know whats even more annoying than that stupid tag?

The asshats that come along and go "LOL U IDIOT"

Or the people that always got RTFM....I have to ask "did you?"

Because with my DX packaging there was no manual.

A quick start guide that never mentioned not pulling it off.

BTW op there is prolly atleast 15 of these threads.

If in doubt click search and type a general term.

Reaction score
You know whats even more annoying than that stupid tag?

The asshats that come along and go "LOL U IDIOT"

Or the people that always got RTFM....I have to ask "did you?"

Because with my DX packaging there was no manual.

A quick start guide that never mentioned not pulling it off.

BTW op there is prolly atleast 15 of these threads.

If in doubt click search and type a general term.

How about "RTT" instead?

Anyone, I called no one an idiot. Even stated I meant no harm. But no matter how angry you are (and you seem to be), it's STILL funny as all hell that people opted to not cut it like it says and instead just rip it out.