1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Removed SD Card"

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by naman919, Jul 7, 2010.

1. naman919

naman919 New Member

I keep having issues with the Droid not reading the SD card upon reboot. It's reading 9/10 times but i'm starting to think it's kernel related.

I got a replacement device b/c I lost mine, and I had an issue where it wouldn't read the SD Card. They sent me a second one and I'm having the same issue.

I'm using two different SD cards b/c they sent me two new units with an SD card each. The second one has been reading the card until i put on CM 5.0.8 and seemingly after i installed the p3 kernel for 1Ghz through Rom Manager. I'm in the process of not installing a kernel and putting 5.0.8 back on then backing up and installing an OC kernel.

I even went and installed the kernel manually through recovery. Rebooted and the SD card error was shown. Anyone else had this happen?

My old Droid had 5.0.8 and the same kernel running just fine. I can't figure out what in the world is going on. I can't imagine I got two brand new droids that BOTH are defective when reading SD cards.

My process is to .sbf, root, install CM, partition SD card, install kernel. Then ERROR. bummer.

*scratches brain*
  2. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Have you tried backing up your card up your card (with a reader) on your computer and reformatting it with your phone then restoring from your computer? There have been issues with cards not reading if they are corrupted, and sometimes a format fixes it.
  3. Jas0n

Jas0n New Member

The issues is really annoying. The sd card works randomly regardless of how may fat32 re-formats I do to it. Once it's working I have to make sure my phone never ever dies because the sd card will not work after another reboot. I really like SG, I think it's a great rom but it's a pita. I have tested the same card on another droid running 2.2 froyo without formatting it, and it will work every time even if I reboot the phone 10x.

It seems not to effect many users but I'd like to see an update to at least address this issue.
  4. fl0w3n

fl0w3n New Member

I have the same issue, I actually arrived at this thread because I wanted a more permanent fix.

Here is what I have found fixes the issue on mine after a reboot etc.

1. After the reboot, and the error shows up...do a battery pull. While the battery is out, remove the sd card.
    2. Boot phone with no sd card (should say exact same error) now do a NORMAL power down
    3. Once the phone has shut dow, replace the sd card, power on - issue is normally fixed for me once I've done this procedure
  5. Jas0n

Jas0n New Member

fl0w3n, I do the same exact thing but that routine works 2 out of 5 times for me.
  6. naman919

naman919 New Member

this is a bizarre issue and plagues me as well. CM v6.0-RC1 has seemed to fixed the issue, but as indicated above and it being a froyo ROM, i'm still puzzled why it was happening on Eclair ROMs.
Search tags for this page
android removed sd card
how to remove removed sd card error on android
preparing sd card,checking for errors showing in b&n hd ?

removed sd card

removed sd card error android

sd card removed in android