Remove Wallpaper

OP
S

senator67

Reaction score
All Set

Found a thread already posted that has info.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Any chance of you posting the thread link with this info? I've looked, but couldn't seem to find it :frown:

Thanks!
Walt D in LV

You just want to have the stock wallpaper showing, is that what you mean?

WaltCD

Reaction score
Remove Wallpaper on Motorola Droid

You just want to have the stock wallpaper showing, is that what you mean?

Yes, on my Motorola Droid. I accidentally chose a wallpaper, that was included on the phone, but I would like to remove it. I don't believe there was ANY wallpaper chosen before, and I'm hoping removing it will save memory, and therefore speed up my phone.

Either that, or choose a Wallpaper that is extremely small and takes up the least amount of memory. No wallpaper would have a solid background, I'm guessing (like the phone used to).

Thank you.
Walt D in LV

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I believe the stock wallpaper for the D1 was a black/gray slate looking wallpaper. However, the easiest way to do it if you don't remember or can't find it is to clear data on your settings apk. This will erase all changes you have made in there but it should also set to the stock wallpaper for you.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I believe the stock wallpaper for the D1 was a black/gray slate looking wallpaper.

Yep, that's right.

Either that, or choose a Wallpaper that is extremely small and takes up the least amount of memory. No wallpaper would have a solid background, I'm guessing (like the phone used to).

You can also Google "black wallpaper" if that's what you're looking for. But I don't think there will be much of a gain from changing out wallpapers. Unless if it was to stop using a live wallpaper.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I thought so. It's been a while but it's hard to forget that stock photo being everywhere lol.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Press menu, click wallpaper, look through all wallpapers and look for the wallpaper that was there when you got your phone, then set wallpaper.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!