Remove the plastic or no?

LT*

Reaction score
Two D3s just arrived and are charging. Have you guys removed the plastic behind the screen or left it? My D1 had issues with clicking and looseness after I removed that one. I had to order a decal to tighten it up. Anyone have issues with the D3?

dazoe

Reaction score
I removed it on each of the D3's I had/have and they all are sliding great, I let it on one of them for a short while and the only different I noticed is it is maybe a little bit more quiet. But only time will tell.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BlakLanner

Reaction score
Unlike my D1, the film on my D3 had a tab on it indicating that it was supposed to be removed. I noticed little difference with it off.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Unlike my D1, the film on my D3 had a tab on it indicating that it was supposed to be removed. I noticed little difference with it off.

I simply cut the tab off and left the plastic. My D1 still has the plastic on it.

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
I'll probably end up cutting the tab and leave it on unless it causes issues. Thanks guys.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I forgot I had mine still on, until it becomes an issue then I'll remove it

This is how I treated my Droid1 and how I will treat my Droid3 if that is my next phone. The backing in my Droid1 lasted for a few months before it started to peel off, then I just removed it.

Haven't had any problems since removing it though so maybe I'll just pull it off if there's a removal tab.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep mine on, might as well. Extra protection until it gets messed up.

Big D

Reaction score
First one I had, I took it off and the slider was loosey goosey. Second one I left on and it's much tighter and better.

BUT... on the D1, I left it on and only took it off when it was bubbling and tearing and the slider mechanism was just as tight as with it on.

So I dunno.

militant

Reaction score
I always take mine off all of my electronics right away. I can't stand those things lol.

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
I left it on my original Droid but this one came with a tab to remove it. I briefly thought of cutting the tab and leaving it, but I could visualize it putting more pressure on the slider causing it to be looser down the road. It feels just fine with it off

Sent from my Droid3

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I always remove mine. D1, D2, AND D3 those films were all removed. Never had a lose slider so it's worked out for me.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

militant

Reaction score
I was always under the assumption you were supposed to remove those things BEFORE using the device because I've heard with certain slider phones of that plastic bubbling up and causing problems.