Remove text from icons on home screen

stanrc

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this? I'd love for the home screens to only show the icons and not the text below.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Try Better Cut from the market. Works great. Im not too sure if it lets you not name them, but I know it allows full customization of your icons.

vonfink13

Reaction score
sorry aaron..i must be one cup of coffee ahead of you....right now i am loving the buuf icon package....very cool stuff...

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Just barely hitting 6am here in Cali. Coffee is still brewing...so you got me on that one.

I haven't seen the buuf icons yet. I will have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up

OP
S

stanrc

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that it lets you remove the text from the icons? I don't care as much about changing the actual icons.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bettercut makes you use a name. The only alternatives that i know of are the DXTop home replacement or Sweeterhome preview 2 (which the latter isn't available in the market yet)

liquidzoo

Reaction score
With BetterCut text cannot be empty, but it can be a "space"

That leaves you with a dark 1 space background under your icon, though...

Unless there's an option to change that background that I've missed somewhere.

hollywoodfrodo

Reaction score
Maybe this will work for Droid too

I’ve been looking for something to do this since I first got my HTC Incredible. I use Multicon to put 2 apps in a 1x1 square at opposite corners without labels for most apps, but occasionally wanted an app to be easy to push on the fly so just wanted the one large app icon, but hate the labels underneath. Finally, someone created an app to do this. All you need is the free/lite version of Folder Organizer.

Here is the link:
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.abcOrganizer.lite&feature=search_result

Longpress home screen. Add > Widget > Folder Organizer Item > Apps > Unclick “Show Text under Icon” at top > Scroll down and select your app > Done.

FYI - this is using the HTC Sense UI