Remove stock Droid X apps

jamesfmiller

Reaction score
How can I remove apps, such as Skype Mobile from my DX?

They came with the phone, they eat battery, I believe, and I do NOT use them.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
How can I remove apps, such as Skype Mobile from my DX?

They came with the phone, they eat battery, I believe, and I do NOT use them.

They do not eat battery unless you use them, Just because they show as a running app does not mean they are actually running.

Android manages memory much different that any other OS.

Take a read here for a detailed explanation.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Backnblack is correct, but if you want to remove stock apps you will need to be rooted. It is suggested that you not delete them but rather freeze them with something like Titanium Backup. That is for 2 reasons: 1) if it makes your phone unstable you can put it back (some stock apps are needed even if you think they are not) and 2) upgrades will not install unless all stock apps are present (you can unfreeze them before installing an upgrade).

OP
jamesfmiller

jamesfmiller

Reaction score
Thanks guys

I only brought it up because when we got our DX's Verizon made a big deal about putting Advanced Task Killer on the phone so we could easily turn off the apps we weren't using. We kill em off and within minutes the list is populated again. Most of the Apps we do not use.

From your answers I guess Verizon went out of their way for nothing.

ras0787

Reaction score
Thanks guys

I only brought it up because when we got our DX's Verizon made a big deal about putting Advanced Task Killer on the phone so we could easily turn off the apps we weren't using. We kill em off and within minutes the list is populated again. Most of the Apps we do not use.

From your answers I guess Verizon went out of their way for nothing.

For some reason the guys who work for verizon know absolutely nothing about androids lol.