Remove Simlock

vmu

Reaction score
I am a non Verizon customer. I'd like to remove the sim lock on the Droid 4. Installing another rom apparently doesn't work. What is the best way to remove the Sim lock without calling Verizon? I'm not a customer so they can't help me :p

Do I need to contact a sim lock removing website or are there other tricks? Did anyone else remove the Verizon simlock and eliminating the " This Sim is from an unknown source " message?

Thanks in advance.

leobg

Reaction score
If you are after using the phone with gsm SIM card from another carrier, you might be out of luck at least for now as Verizon hasn't enabled GSM radio in the phone yet.

leobg

Reaction score
It was just brought to my attention above statement can be invalidated! Seems like a guy over at xda managed to find way to activate the GSM radio and method has been confirmed working by TBH which is very exciting! Read here: xda-developers - View Single Post - Bionic on tmobile
A
nother good news is GSM radio seems not to be sim locked!

OP
vmu

vmu

Reaction score
This thread can be closed. You don't have to unlock your Droid 4. Applying the Radiocomm and GSM patch is sufficient. Thanks for all the help.

leobg

Reaction score
This thread can be closed. You don't have to unlock your Droid 4. Applying the Radiocomm and GSM patch is sufficient. Thanks for all the help.

did this hack work for your D4? People were reporting it wasn't working on D4 exactly the same way as on the Bionic.