remove screen lock

gmcknight

Reaction score
Just updated Droid X to 2.2. Now I have to unlock my screen to use. Nice feature, but I don't want it on there. Went to setting; location & security..there is no feature there to remove the lock or disable it. The only featrues there are to change the pin or passward. Is it somewhere else and how do I disable this feature?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is an app in the marketplace called no lock that will remove it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
G

gmcknight

Reaction score
I don't want to remove it...I want to disable it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well what do you mean disable it? Like so pressing any of the hardware buttons will wake up the phone without having to use the slider?

OP
G

gmcknight

Reaction score
I mean I don't want to have to punch in my 4 digit passcode everytime I want to look at something. I don't mind the slider so much.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using exchange? I've heard something about exchange making it so u have to use that feature but I don't remember where.

OP
G

gmcknight

Reaction score
When I go to the settings; location & security, the only selections are Change screen lock (which only lets you change pin or PW), set lock timer, and Use tactile feedback. Nothing to disable.

OP
G

gmcknight

Reaction score
oh ok. maybe I will look into the exchange aspect of it. thanks

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya from what I understand if you didn't already set up your lock screen via the phone then exchange takes over but I don't know how to fix it. I'll let you know if I stumble upon the answer.

pboonstra

Reaction score
Remove Device Administrator

Upon navigating to Settings->Location & Security Settings->Set up screen lock, I found that the first two options were disabled (grayed out). I then went to Location & Security settings->Device Administration and noticed that an administrator named "Email" had control over these options.

I forget how I did it, but I removed the "Email" administrator. Now I have "No available device administrators" and all options in "Set up screen lock" are enabled. I selected the first option "None" to disable screen unlock security and voila, no more password.

Hope this helps.

the5barrons

Reaction score
You don't have this option?

The only lock on my dx is the slide. Which I like.

62b7d5b1-f3df-7e21.jpg

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

pboonstra

Reaction score
That's the screen for which the first two options were initially grayed out (disabled). Upon removing the administrator named "Email", they became enabled. I selected the first one to turn off the pin or password lock that was such a pain.

I did not require 'root' access.