Remove facebook contacts for messages address selection

juice1113

Reaction score
I have synced my facebook contacts. Under people, view, i unchecked "facebook for htc sense" so my facebook contacts don't show under people. ( which is what i want) HOWEVER when i go to comppose a messages and go to select an address, all of my facebook friends show up. How do i stop them from showing up?

tigerdango

Reaction score
I don't believe you will be able to stop the suggestion thing from showing your FB contacts. There should be a way to turn it off though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

tripilot

Reaction score
I am having this same problem. I figured out how to keep my facebook contacts from showing up in my "People" list, and figured out how to keep them out of my "Phone"... but dangit, every time I go to compose a new message, if I click the little people icon in the corner, I have EVERY single facebook contact show up. I've already asked the android not to sync my contacts with facebook, I don't know what the heck else to do.

I did install the handcent app, and that's a good work-around because you can tell handcent not to show you facebook contacts explicitly. But frankly, I like the look of the stock conversations a lot better. Shouldn't there be a way to tell the stock app NOT to show you facebook contacts??

tigerdango

Reaction score
Yeah. As cool as smartphones are it almost seems in some regards they try to be a little too "smart" huh? Lol.