Remove DRRRROID brand sound from startup

oriald

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need to turn my phone on/off discretely (in meetings/public places) and I need to do it silently, but the annoying "DRRRRROID" at start-up always screws things up for me.

anyone knows how can I get rid of it?

There are a few small but important touches like this one that needs to be done before we can call the Pro a true "enterprise ready"...

THANKS!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Drag the sound tab on the lock screen to silent and there's no need to power it off for a meeting. Don't disagree that this should be an option by any means, just a solution until it is.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think that will disable the startup sound. I would say i'm positive but on the small chance i'm wrong...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sebastian

Reaction score
I don't think that will disable the startup sound. I would say i'm positive but on the small chance i'm wrong...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

That disables the lock/unlock.

To have the "droid" stay mute, you need to mute the Media volume before turning off your phone. I don't know any other way to do that other than going into a game/video/or a music file.

OP
O

oriald

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I hope this will be possible in the near future... (really silly hardcoding...)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

danwanna

Reaction score
I had that on my Droid2 originally and I believe that I got rid of it by unchecking "SD card notifications" in Sound Settings.

backroaddroid

Reaction score
Sorry for the cross posting -- I'm a newbie to the forum and didn't realize there was a Droid Pro specific forum before posting my identification of this start up sound defect on the Droid Pro. I'm still looking for a solution for the Droid Pro but fear there may not be one (and I'm not interested in hardware modification or rooting). I own an original Droid, a Droid X and a Droid Pro (my wife's) and ONLY the Droid Pro doesn't appear to allow ANY setting that will eliminate the irritating DROID voice on start up. It would appear to be a hardware defect of the Droid Pro only -- as other solutions that work to silence the sound on other phones have not worked on our Droid Pro.

I'd love to know if anyone has a fix to this problem for the Droid Pro that I may have missed -- or whether any Droid Pro user is not getting the start up voice -- because if so that would help me know that it is just our particular phone.

google123

Reaction score
Root and then using root explorer change the droid.ogg file to droid.bak in the media folder located on the phones memory. There is another thread around here with the info. Im in a hurry, else I'd post full instructions.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

lulugirl896

Reaction score
1. Download Z4Root from the app market and root your phone.
2. Once rooted, download Root Explorer from the app market.
3. Open Root explorer and navigate to system>media>and then rename the droid.ogg file to droid.old (also at the top make sure you click "mount R/W" or you won't be able to change the name)
And that's it! You'll have yourself a nice quite startup the next time you reboot your Droid Pro. Enjoy!

spydergirl

Reaction score
3. Open Root explorer and navigate to system>media>and then rename the droid.ogg file to droid.old (also at the top make sure you click "mount R/W" or you won't be able to change the name)
And that's it! You'll have yourself a nice quite startup the next time you reboot your Droid Pro. Enjoy!

What kind of start-up does that make for you after doing that?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Z4root is no longer in the market. It has to be downloaded from XDA.

DroidForums junkie!!

blingchopr

Reaction score

works perfect!!! thanks!